- Two-mode optical image stabilization provides shake compensation when shooting stationary subject and when panning to follow moving subjects.
- 100-400mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- Flourite and Super UD-glass elements largely eliminate secondary spectrum
- Compatibility with extenders 1.4x II and 2x II; 5.9-foot close focusing distance
- Measures 3.6 inches in diameter and 7.4 inches long; 1-year warranty
This EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens from Canon offers high resolution, superb contrast, neutral color balance, and Canon's original built-in Optical Image Stabilization for compensation against blur caused by camera movement. High zoom magnification is achieved by means of a 6-group configuration with 5 movable groups. Fluorite and Super UD glass reduce secondary spectrum for superb color rendition. Autofocus is fast and silent with Canon's ring Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor (USM), and AF speed is further enhanced through an advanced, lightweight rear focusing design that incorporates a floating element for consistent image quality at all focusing distances from 5.9' to infinity.