- Wide-angle zoom L-series lens is suitable for use on both full-frame and APS-C sensors (where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25.6-56mm) and features a constant f/4 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- Two UD elements and three aspherical elements, including one large-diameter aspherical element, have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range.
- A fluorine coating has been applied to the front and rear lens surfaces to reduce ghosting for maintained image contrast and color fidelity.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops for improved usability in difficult lighting conditions.
- A ring-type USM AF motor, along with an internal-focusing design, realizes fast and accurate focusing performance.
The Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens is a wide-angle zoom lens featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture to provide consistent performance throughout the zoom range. The optical design incorporates three aspherical elements, including one large-diameter aspherical element, as well as two UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and contribute to high edge-to-edge sharpness and resolution. A fluorine coating has also been applied to the front and rear lens surfaces to reduce flare and ghosting for maintained color neutrality and image contrast.