- 180mm macro lens with f/3.5 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- 3 UD glass elements and internal floating system combine to minimize aberrations
- Advanced ultra-sonic monitor (USM) for high-speed, quiet autofocusing
- Focusing distance range of 1.57 feet to infinity; supports EF Extender 1.4x and 2x
- A removable, rotatable tripod collar enables mounting the lens to a tripod in both horizontal and vertical orientations.
The EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM Lens from Canon is a high quality prime telephoto lens with 1:1 macro capability for sharp close-up photography. It is also ideal for portraiture and general telephoto shooting. An ultrasonic autofocus motor enables fast, smooth and quiet autofocus and manual focus override allows for precise manual focus, even in AF mode. Its internal focusing feature does not cause the lens length to change or the front element to rotate during focusing, which is particularly important when shooting macro. Three UD-glass elements correct residual chromatic aberrations and provide overall sharp, high contrast imaging.