- 50mm focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Optimized lens coatings help to suppress lens flare and ghosting
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continous Move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80mm effective focal-length on APS-C cameras, 50mm on full-frame cameras
ne of the most versatile focal lengths available, the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens from Canon pairs this classic lens design with enhancements to the AF system and physical design that make it both faster and smaller. Utilizing an STM stepping motor, this lens is ideal for both still and video shooting due to its speedy and smooth operation. Further benefitting video shooters, the STM motor also supports the Movie Servo AF mode on select DSLRs for precise and near-silent focusing. An updated exterior design includes a metal lens mount and a re-located focusing ring in order to accommodate the compact overall form factor. The 50mm f/1.8 is a classic, tested lens design, and thanks to enhanced autofocus and a svelte profile, this lens is ideal for everyday shooting in a wide variety of conditions.