- LPF (Low-pass filter) effect cancellation takes full advantage of the original resolving power of the 50.6 effective megapixels CMOS sensor, delivering even higher resolution images.
- Newly designed 50.6 Megapixel full-frame CMOS helps deliver ultra-high resolution images
- EOS Scene Detection System features a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF including up to 41 cross-type AF points and EOS iTR
- Advanced mirror control mechanism and new user-selectable shutter release time lag
Providing the full resolving power of its new sensor, the EOS 5DS R DSLR Camera from Canon is a variant of the 5DS with the sensor's low-pass filter rendered neutral. By cancelling the effect of the filter, the 50.6 MP sensor is enabled to deliver an even higher resolution with more intricate details. The potential downside to this is that the cancellation function brings with it the greater possibility of moiré and other color artifacts. This is a camera for those interested in the utmost resolution from the sensor and the ability to control color artifacts either in-camera or with post-processing software.