- Records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation, direction, and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information to images when shooting
- Hot shoe, USB terminal, or Digital terminal connectivity
- Camera time can be synched by the built-in clock
- Can act as a stand-alone GPS logger
- Rugged and lightweight design
Canon's GPS Receiver GP-E2 records GPS information like longitude, latitude, elevation, direction and Universal Coordinated Time (UTC) as EXIF data on photo files using a compatible EOS camera. This lightweight, compact unit can also serve as an electronic compass or a stand-alone GPS recorder. It was designed specifically for the EOS system, and offers USB and hot-shoe connections with the EOS 5D Mark III and the EOS-1D X (USB connection-only with the EOS 7D). It's also compatible with the Rebel T5i via USB, and with the EOS Rebel T4i and Rebel SL1 via the Digital terminal on each camera.