Think Tank Photo Glass Taxi Backpack - Black/Gray
- Holds Pro DSLR with 300mm f/2.8 Attached
- Can Hold Up to a 500mm f/4 Lens
- Convertible Shoulder Bag or Backpack
- Foam Collar Holds Lens Securely in Place
- Front Rails Hold Modular Components
- Stretch Side Pockets for Monopod
- Holds Medium-Sized Tripod
- Rain Cover/Business Card Holder
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps
- Accepts Pro Speed Belt or Thin Skin Belt
The black/gray Glass Taxi Backpack from Think Tank is one of those "wow" bags that doesn't come along often. Here's a bag that's not only designed to be used as either a backpack or shoulder bag but that will accommodate your pro DSLR with a 300mm f/2.8 attached. Or, if you prefer, it will hold the camera with a 500mm f/4 lens. On a daily basis, it will hold your DSLR with one lens attached (like a 70-200mm f/2.8) and three additional lenses.
This kind of convertible pack delivers dual functions and saves you the trouble of having to buy two separate bags. The tuck-away backpack shoulder straps permit you to just use the Modular Component Strap for traditional shoulder use. This Curved Comfort Shoulder Strap is well-named. The shoulder straps can be hidden by simply disconnecting the D-Rings. Inside the pack, there's a foam ring at the bottom that is not only used to cushion your rig but will hold the lens in place. There's also a foam collar that secures the back end of the lens providing even more internal stability. The pack is also capable of holding a monopod in either of its side stretch pockets. However, if you prefer to carry a traditional tripod, side straps are provided.
The Glass Taxi accepts Think Tank's optional Pro Speed Belt or Thin Skin Belt that permits you to attach even more components to the pack. In support of that, there's a front rail that will hold modular attachments such as Think Tank's Chimp Cage for holding an additional DSLR body.
A top grab handle is for quick grab moments and contains a clear business card holder underneath it. This will eliminate the need to open the entire bag to hand out your card. An inside mesh pocket is used for small accessories like lens caps, cleaning cloths or Think Tank's Pixel Pocket Rocket that will hold ten CF cards or more business cards. Finally, for complete protection, Think Tank includes a rain cover for the entire pack. This pack is backed by Think Tank's lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- Holds a 500mm f/4 lens (compare your lens size with the bag's internal dimensions). The zipper sliders are "self locking" to prevent the front flap from opening accidentally, as well as a mesh pocket on the inside flap
- Holds a pro-size DSLR, with a 70-200mm f/2.8 attached and lens hood in position, as well as providing additional room for three other lenses
- The Glass Taxi can also hold some lenses like a 300mm f/2.8 with a pro-size SLR attached. It is best to use both the Foam Collar and the Foam Ring to secure it in position; this extra foam pad, which is removable, securely positions the lens in the bottom of the bag
- The removable foam collar attaches via hook and loop to the back of the case. This secures a large lens in the case, preventing it from wobbling back and forth
- The optional Pro Speed Belt or Thin Skin Belt can be attached to the Glass Taxi by putting it under the hook and loop flap on the bottom of the bag. Modular components can be attached to the belt during use
- The Pro Speed Belt can be removed without taking off the backpack or the belt. Remove the backpack by disconnecting the hook and loop flap and pulling the backpack upwards, keeping the belt and Modular components fully assembled
- Front rail holds Modular components. The rail on the front side of the Glass Taxi allows attachment of Modular components such as the Chimp Cage that holds a DSLR (without lens attached) or other items
- Stretch pockets on both sides allow for items such as a monopod to be attached to the side of the bag. Straps are included to hold the monopod in place; a medium size tripod can also be carried on the Glass Taxi
- Tuck away the shoulder straps as needed. Disconnect the shoulder straps from the lower D- rings and tuck them behind the back pad. This is useful when using the Glass Taxi as a shoulder bag
- A seam-sealed rain cover is included; a pop-out section goes over a Modular component when one is attached to the front rail
- A clear business card holder is located under the padded handle for easy identification. It can also be used to carry extra business cards
- The inside mesh pocket can be used for small accessories, such as a Pixel Pocket Rocket, lens caps or lens cloth
- The Glass Taxi has mid-weight shoulder straps to carry it as a backpack. While wearing the backpack, its small profile disguises its function as a photo backpack
Holds a pro size DSLR with a 300mm f/2.8 attached; holds up to a 500mm f/4 lens
Carry-On Form Factor
FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 35.0" (88.9 cm)
3.7 lb / 1.7 kg (Including Parts)