Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/45
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- Micro Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Rounded 8-Blade Diaphragm
Ranging from portrait-length to medium telephoto, the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM from Canon is a versatile tele zoom characterized by its relatively lightweight and compact design. Its optical layout utilizes one ultra-low dispersion element to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and a Super Spectra coating has been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast. Complementing the imaging performance, this 70-300mm also features a three-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, a micro USM also affords quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance to suit both photo and video applications.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112-480mm equivalent focal length range.
- One ultra-low dispersion glass element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to three shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that is optimized for panning.
- A micro Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Zoom lock switch can be used to keep the lens at the 70mm focal length position in order to maintain its most compact dimension when not in use.
Minimum: f/32 to 45