Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
- EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 28.8-88mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
A versatile standard zoom for Canon APS-C-format DSLRs, the EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens is a sleek and flexible option for everyday shooting. Spanning a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range, this lens covers wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives, and features an Optical Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops for sharper handheld shooting. One aspherical element is featured in the optical design to improve sharpness and resolution by minimizing spherical aberrations and distortion, and a Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting. Additionally, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Standard 18-55mm zoom lens is designed for APS-C-format Canon DSLRs and provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Minimum: f/22 to 32
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 28.8 to 88 mm