The black Archival Methods Drop-Front Archival Storage Box protects and stores digital and photographic prints, that either have been matted or matted, inside the 1.5" deep drop-front box. Therefore, the archival box will approximately hold 22 2/2 ply mounted prints. The box is constructed of a heavyweight archival-grade boxboard that has a matte laminate coating, which makes the box resistant to water. Removing the box top reveals a hinged drop-front panel on the front long side; thus, the bottom section of the box allows the contents to be inserted, removed or examined safely.
The corners of the box top have been reinforced with metal corners. The metal clamps have been treated with a black polyester coating with a wax-free polyester finish, which make them anti-corrosive. The clamps give rigidness to the box and strength for stacking on top of each other. The box is PAT passed, which means it's suitable for long-term storage.
- Made from fully bleached, high-alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post-consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, and peroxide; sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
- Metal edge clamps are corrosion-treated with a black polyester coating and a wax-free polyester finish.
- Constructed from heavyweight archival-grade boxboard.
- Lignin content is measured as per the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
- Metallic impurities and iron content will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm; no optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
- Paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range from 8 to 9.5.
- Alkaline or neutral sizing is used; no alum rosin or rosin sizing is used.
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
- Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives, and abrasive particles.
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to the artifacts.
- This paper passed the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 (formerly ANSI IT9.16).
Interior Dimensions (W x D x H)
8.75 x 11.25 x 1.5"
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
11.8 x 9.35 x 1.7"