With a clamshell design, the Onyx Portfolio Box from Archival Methods flips open to allow easy access to your prints. The interior of the box is lined with an 80 lb acid- and lignin-free white paper. With a depth of 1.4", the clamshell box can accommodate 14x 4/2 ply, 10x 4/4 ply, and 20x 2/2 ply matted prints. The adhesive used in construction is pH balanced, and the archival box has passed the Photographic Activity Test (PAT), which makes the box suitable for long-term storage.
The box core is made from a 0.100 Kappa Binder's Board, which is lignin- and acid-free, and the sulfur content has been reduced to <0.0008%. The board has been buffered to keep acidity from transferring to the stored materials. Furthermore, the exterior of the box is bound in a library quality F-Grade Buckram (poly-cotton), which is coated in a moisture-resistant, 100% aqueous acrylic.
- Kappa binder's board (0.100), a bookmaking board with no glue between layers
- Lined with 80 lb acid- and lignin-free white paper
- PAT (Photographic Activity Test) tested and passed
- Bound in an F-Grade Buckram (poly-cotton) cloth with a moisture-resistant, 100% aqueous acrylic coating
- Adhesive is pH balanced and buffered; <0.0008% sulfur content
Matted Prints: 4/2 ply: 14
4/4 ply: 10
2/2 ply: 20
Box Core: 0.100 kappa binders board
Interior: 80 lb paper
Exterior: F-grade buckram (poly-cotton)
Type of Closure
Interior Dimensions (L x W x H)
5.25 x 7.38 x 1.4"
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
8.0 x 5.6 x 1.7"