For capturing audio the AT8024 Stereo/Mono Camera-Mount Microphone by Audio Technica can be used in several environments, on DSLR and video cameras, for applications such as weddings, conferences, sports events, and more. It features a selectable line-cardioid mono, and internally matrixed mid-side stereo mode and provides the flexibility to focus the recording on a single sound source, or to widen the field for more sonic realism. The AT8024 can deliver much improved audio than the supplied camera's internal microphone.
The AT8024 is built with a three-position adjustable input pad (-20 dB, -10 dB, 0 dB) to capture soft and very loud sound passages without distortion. A switchable low-frequency roll-off reduces pickup of undesired ambient noise, room reverberation, and mechanically coupled vibrations. The microphone is powered by a single AA battery for optimal performance with high max SPL, and features an integral camera shoe mount that attaches to DSLRs and shoe-equipped camcorders. A 39" coiled cable with a 1/8" mini-jack, AA battery, windshield, fuzzy windscreen are included.
- Designed for use with DSLR and other video cameras, delivering better sound quality than the camera's internal microphone
- Selectable line-cardioid mono or mid-side stereo modes provide the flexibility to capture high-resolution audio in any environment
- Three-position adjustable input pad and switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Integral rubber shock mounts isolate the microphone from vibration and mechanical camera noise
- Compact, lightweight design with integral shoe mount
- Red/green LED power indicator
- Includes windscreen, fuzzy windscreen and AA battery
Mono: 106 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
Stereo: 104 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
40 Hz to 15 kHz
Line-cardioid, L/R stereo
Mono: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
Stereo: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
Permanently attached 7.8 to 39.3" (0.2 to 1 m) coiled cable with right-angle molded 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug at output end
Dimensions (Length x Diameter)
6.8 x 0.9" (172 x 24 mm)
Low Frequency Roll-Off
80 Hz, 12 dB / octave
Maximum Input Level
128 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
148 dB SPL, with 20 dB pad
1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-plug on cable
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
11.8 x 5.3 x 3.0"