The Audio-Technica AT898 lavalier microphone is designed to be mounted on, or hidden underneath clothing. It's slim low-profile design is ideal for broadcast and theatrical applications. The tailored frequency response accentuates the frequency response of vocals while minimizing low frequency noise. A low-frequency roll-off switch further minimizes noise due to hum, ambiance and proximity effect. The AT898 features a condenser element with a cardioid polar pattern. The cardioid pattern is effective in minimizing noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone capsule. The microphone includes the AT8537 phantom power supply module.
- The slim, miniature profile of the AT898 is ideal for broadcast, video and performance applications.
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise and off-axis audio that can cause feedback.
- The tailored frequency response minimizes low-frequency noise while accentuating the frequency range of vocals.
- A low frequency roll-off switch minimizes noise and low frequency audio caused by ambiance, proximity effect, etc.
- The included AT8537 power supply is capable of either phantom or battery power.
Phantom: 100dB, 1KHz at Max SPL
Battery: 84dB, 1KHz at Max SPL
200Hz to 15KHz
63dB, 1KHz at 1 Pa
Low Frequency Roll-Off
Maximum Input Level
Phantom: 131dB SPL, 1KHz at 1% T.H.D.
Battery: 115dB SPL, 1KHz at 1% T.H.D.
Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
Phantom: 200 ohms
Battery: 250 ohms
11-52VDC, 2 mA typical
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
10.35 x 4.45 x 1.7"
0.92 x 0.21" (Length x Diameter)
Microphone: 0.03 oz (0.9g)
Power Module: 3.6 oz (102g)