Styled in a black finish, the U851R from Audio-Technica is a condenser boundary microphone operating in a cardioid polar pattern. It's capable of picking up frequencies between 30 Hz and 20 kHz, though the microphone does offer an 80 Hz high-pass/low-cut filter. This is useful for mitigating frequencies which often interfere with the vocal range in conversational situations. That low-cut filter, coupled with the mic's dynamic range of 108 dB and low-profile design, render the U851R more than suitable for capturing audio in conference rooms, boardrooms, classrooms, stage performances, podiums, houses-of-worship and other situations.
- Rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the back or bottom of the microphone, depending on your preference
- Polar pattern's off-axis rejection allows for high levels of gain before microphone feedback
- UniGuard technology offers RFI (radio frequency interference) rejection, thus rendering a cleaner signal path
- Small-diameter capsule mitigates phase distortion even at high volume
- Durable casing
- Non-slip silicone foam-bottom pads reduces coupling and other sonic problems resulting from surface-to-surface contact between microphone and mounting area
- Low-profile black design for minimum visibility, maximum camouflage
30 Hz to 20 kHz
18 dB/Octave @ 80 Hz
68 dB A-Weighted
Operating Current Consumption
11 to 52 V
1 x TB3M
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
10.25 x 5.75 x 2.75"