From the Audio-Technica UniPoint Series, the U853R Hanging Microphone is designed for accurate signal reproduction in theaters, houses-of-worship, conference halls, boardrooms, schools, professional recording applications and more. The U853R features a flexible steel hanger that grips the suspended cable and capsule, enabling easy microphone placement without excess hardware.
The U853's capsule features a wide frequency response and highly sensitive cardioid capsule. The cardioid pick up pattern provides a focused pick up area by minimizing noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone. The result is a focused pick up without residual room noise and feedback. The wide, linear frequency response ensures transparent, accurate reproduction of both vocals and instruments.
A low frequency roll-off switch eliminates rumble and noise associated with room ambiance, acoustics, wind, proximity effect, etc. The U853R's rich audio quality, detailed signal reproduction, small profile and flexibility make it an excellent choice for capturing choirs, theatrical performances, lectures, sermons, etc.
- The steel hanger wraps around the ceiling suspended cable and capsule. The flexible design enables flexible positioning and placement.
- The UniPoint series features interchangeable capsules. A cardioid capsule is included although hyper-cardioid, omni-directional and UniLine capsules are available as options.
- The included cardioid capsule provides a focused pick up pattern while minimizing noise and ambiance that can cause feedback.
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off filter eliminates low-frequency residual noise at 80Hz.
- UniGuard RFI-shielding protects the microphone against noise caused by radio-frequency interference in the area.
Phantom: 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
30Hz to 20kHz
70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
Low Frequency Roll-Off
80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
Maximum Input Level
Phantom: 133 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
Integral 3-pin XLRM-type (Power Module)
Phantom: 200 ohms
Phantom: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
9.9 x 5.35 x 2.85"
Microphone: 1.34 x .48" (Length x Diameter)
AT8538 Power Module: 3.66 x .74" (92.9 x 18.9mm) (Length x Diameter)
Cable Length: 25' (7.6m)
Microphone: 0.5 oz (14 g)
Power Module: 2.9 oz (81 g)