The Audio-Technica U859QL is a flexible gooseneck microphone designed for outstanding performance in schools, houses-of-worship, boardrooms, government facilities, etc. The microphone capsule features a cardioid polar pattern for superb rejection of off-axis noise and ambiance.
The contoured frequency response of the U859QL is specifically optimized for enhanced intelligibility of speech. The ultra flexible gooseneck enables flexible positioning while resisting inadvertent repositioning. The U859QL features a standard 3-pin XLR male output connection, enabling easy mounting into a standard XLR female input. Optional interchangeable capsules provide cardioid, hyper-cardioid, omni-directional and UniLine cardioid polar patterns for added flexibility.
- The U859QL conveniently features a standard XLR male output connector at the base. This enables quick mounting to XLR female microphone inputs directly on mixers, preamplifier's, installed flanges, etc.
- The contoured frequency response accentuates the frequencies associated with speech for enhanced intelligibility.
- UniGuard shielding provides exceptional rejection of radio-frequency interference.
- Low frequency noise and proximity effect is reduced as a result of UniSteep filtering.
- Cardioid, hyper-cardioid and omni-directional capsules are available as options and provide added flexibility.
111 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
65 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
Low Frequency Roll-Off
Yes, 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
Maximum Input Level
140 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
19.3 x 5.1 x 2.9"
18.90 x .48" (Length x Diameter)