Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- Super UD, Fluorite & Aspherical Elements
- Super Spectra and Air Sphere Coatings
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Customizable Electronic Focusing Ring
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Weather-Sealed Design, Fluorine Coating
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Cherished for sports and wildlife applications, the EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM is a Canon L-series super telephoto lens distinguished by its advanced, lightweight design, quick and intuitive handling, and high speed performance. Using fluorite, Super UD, and aspherical elements, both chromatic and spherical aberrations are kept to minimum in order to realize sharp, clear image quality with accurate rendering and color fidelity. Both Super Spectra and Air Sphere Coatings also contribute to color accuracy and helps to control flare and ghosting when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions.
In addition to its optical merits, the 600mm f/4 is also characterized by its advanced five stop-effective Image Stabilizer system, which has three separate stabilization modes to suit various shooting applications. Also complementing handling is a sophisticated ring-type USM, which provides quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. A customizable electronic focusing ring further contributes to precise manual focus control, by affording three focusing sensitivity levels for different applications. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions and it has a removable rotating tripod collar to benefit working atop a tripod or monopod.
- Super telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 960mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/4 maximum aperture affords control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Super UD and fluorite elements are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Aspherical elements help to limit spherical aberrations and distortion for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra and Air Sphere Coatings have been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to five shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Three distinct IS modes are available: standard single-shot mode, a panning-optimized mode, and a mode that only activates the Image Stabilizer during the exposure.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Customizable electronic focusing ring provides three sensitivity levels for how quickly and precisely the lens can manually focus.
- Focus Preset function is available to quickly recall a programmed focusing position.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions and also features a fluorine coating on the front and rear elements to guard against water spots, smudges, or oil residue.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.