Defined by its notably sleek form factor, the EOS Rebel SL3 from Canon is a versatile DSLR offering an ideal mix of stills and video capabilities. Featuring a 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording are possible, along with a wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. In-camera 4K time-lapse movie creation is also possible for creatively depicting subjects over time. Benefitting the imaging attributes, the sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth focusing performance when recording movies or shooting stills in live view. When shooting stills using the optical viewfinder, a 9-point phase-detection system is used for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of shooting scenarios.
Within the compact body design, a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is featured for intuitive settings control and live view monitoring, and it uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high and low working angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- UHD 4K Video Recording
- 9-Point Phase-Detection AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Included LP-E17 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 1630 shots per charge when working with the viewfinder, or approximately 350 shots per charge when working in live view.
EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
Included with the camera body is the EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens, which provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range that covers a variety of perspectives from wide-angle to portrait-length. Its design integrates an STM focusing mechanism that provides near-silent focusing abilities with smooth and precise control. Additionally, the Optical Image Stabilizer system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps in order to benefit working in low-light conditions and with greater zoom magnifications.
- Creative Assist makes it easy to adjust camera settings and see the effects in real time, making it more straightforward to adjust brightness, contrast, and saturation effects and see how the resulting image will look.
- Feature Assistant and Shooting Mode Guide can be used to explain and illustrate the camera's various shooting modes in order to become more familiar with all of the capabilities.
- Smooth Skin mode offers five levels of skin smoothing to help reduce blemishes and make subjects' skin appear soft.
- Picture Style: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined 1-3
- Scene Modes: Portrait, Smooth Skin, Group Photo, Landscape, Sports, Kids, Close-Up, Food, Candlelight, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control
- Creative Filters: Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fish-Eye Effect, Water Painting Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, HDR Art (Standard/Vivid/Bold/Embossed)
- Language Support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, and Japanese.
1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)
Actual: 25.8 Megapixel
Effective: 24.1 Megapixel
Digital, 5-Axis (Video Only)
6000 x 4000
22.3 x 14.9 mm
Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p [120 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [12 to 60 Mb/s]
HD (1280 x 720) at 50p/59.94p [26 Mb/s]
External Recording Modes
DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94i/59.94p
SD (640 x 480) at 59.94p
Up to 5 fps at 24.1 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG)
Up to 5 fps at 24.1 MP for up to 10 Exposures (Raw)
Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Auto, 100 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 51200)
Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot
1 to 20 EV
1/4000 to 30 Second
White Balance Modes
Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten
Dedicated Flash System
External Flash Connection
-2 to +2 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
Max Sync Speed
Phase Detection: 9 (1 Cross-Type)
Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
Auto and Manual Focus
-0.5 to +18 EV
Angle of View
74° 20' to 27° 50'
Dimensions (ø x L)
2.60 x 2.40"
58 mm (Front)
18 to 55mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28.8 to 88mm)
Minimum Focus Distance
f/22 to 32
f/4 to 5.6
12 Elements in 10 Groups
3.5mm Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0 Micro-B
1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1040 mAh (Approx. 1630 Shots)
-3.0 to +1.0
Viewfinder Eye Point
Articulating Touchscreen LCD
0 to 85%
32 to 104°F
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
8.7 x 6.5 x 5.8"
Product Dimensions (W x H x D)
4.82 x 3.65 x 2.75"