Designed as production-grade media, the Studio 7200 rpm USB 3.0 External Hard Drive from Glyph Technologies features a hard drive that spins at 7200 rpm for storing data such as videos, images, music, and more. The Studio has one USB 3.0 Type-B port, one eSATA port, and two FireWire 800 ports to connect to either Windows or Mac systems. Using either one of these connections, you can expect data transfer rates of up to 184 MB/s to access your content. Glyph Technologies also supports content creation products such as AVID, Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, DP, Adobe CC, and more. Included with the Studio is a USB 3.0 cable, a FireWire 800 cable, and an IEC power cable. Protection is provided by a limited 1-year advance replacement warranty, a limited 2-year level 1 data recovery warranty, and a limited 3-year hardware warranty.
- The Studio's front panel has a single bi-color LED. The LED will display solid blue when power is on and will flash blue when there is disk activity. The LED will display red if there is a hard drive failure.
- The power switch must be held for three seconds to power off the Studio. After three seconds the LED will turn off, and releasing the button will power off the unit. This is a safety precaution against unintended power off.
- Glyph uses efficient, high-quality power supplies, selected specifically for the demands of production environments. The Studio has an auto-switching universal power supply. Its input voltage can range from 100-240V at 50/60 Hz, allowing the Studio to be safely used overseas.
- Each hard drive is continually monitored for temperature changes and if the drive is deteriorating, you can replace it before it fails.
- The Studio has an internal temperature-controlled fan. Software inside the Studio sets the fan's rpm to either high or low speeds.
- The Studio can be rack mounted in a standard 19" rack with Glyph's optional rack kits. There is a single kit for mounting one drive, and a dual kit for mounting two Studio drives.
- Qualified with major audio production packages that support FireWire storage, including Digidesign ProTools, Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase, Apple Logic, MOTU Digital Performer, Cakewalk Sonar, Sony Vegas, and more.
- Glyph Technologies offers you a limited 3-year warranty, but offers different services during the first, second, and third year. During the first year's advance replacement warranty, Glyph Technologies will send you another Studio before they receive the defective model. For up to 2 years, they will provide data recovery, and hardware is covered up to 3 years.
Maximum Read Speed
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB Type-B)
1 x SATA II (eSATA)
2 x FireWire 800 (9-Pin FireWire)
Maximum Write Speed
AC Input Power
100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
11.0 x 10.2 x 2.4"