Designed with the ability to edit and playback multiple HD video streams, the Glyph Technologies StudioRAID4 12TB 4-Bay RAID Array (4 x 3TB) from is a production-grade external RAID array that is hardware controlled and connects to your Windows or Mac system using its one USB 3.0 port, two FireWire 800 ports, or one eSATA port at speeds up to 280 MB/s. The StudioRAID4 is equipped with four 3.5" drive bays and a total capacity of 12TB, which is configured with 4 x 3TB 7200 rpm hard drives.
To help facilitate its functionality within a production environment, the StudioRAID4 comes pre-configured as a RAID 0, which helps enhance performance by spreading data across all four drives. It is also compatible with RAID 1, 3, 5, and 10, each of which offers speed, redundancy, or a combination of both. For those who do not require RAID support, there is also the option for JBOD. This RAID array is powered by a 100-240V auto-switching power supply that runs at 50/60 Hz, is cooled with an intelligent quiet fan, uses disk health monitoring, and is constructed from an all-metal enclosure. While the StudioRAID4 comes pre-formatted for HFS+ for Mac, it may also be used with Windows after a simple reformat. Included is a USB 3.0 cable, a FireWire 800 cable, and a power cable. This RAID array is protected by hardware, data recovery, and advance replacement warranties.
- Rugged all-metal enclosure
- RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 10, and JBOD mode support
- Supports editing and playback of multiple HD video streams
- USB 3.0, FireWire, and eSATA connectivity with speeds up to 280 MB/s
- The Glyph StudioRAID4 comes preformatted HFS+ with Journaling and is Time Machine compatible out of the box. A simple reformat is all it takes for the StudioRAID4 to work with Windows systems
- International internal power supply
- Quiet, intelligent fan cooling
- Disk health monitoring
1 x eSATA (SATA II (3 Gb/s))
2 x 9-Pin FireWire (FireWire 800)
1 x USB Type-B (USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gb/s))
Maximum RAID Transfer Rate
RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 10, JBOD
Windows 2000 or Later
macOS 10.4 or Later
Total Raw Capacity
12 TB (4 x 3 TB)
Initial RAID Configuration
AC Input Power
100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
14.3 x 10.3 x 9.3"
Product Dimensions (W x H x D)
9.3 x 7.9 x 5.4"