Record music, edit video, or work with files while staying mobile using the StudioRAID mini 4TB 2-Bay USB 3.0 RAID Array (2 x 2TB HDD) from Glyph Technologies. Pre-configured as HFS+ for Mac but also compatible with Windows via a simple reformat, this array connects to your system using its one micro-USB 3.0 port, two FireWire 800 ports, or one eSATA port with data transfer speeds up to 250 MB/s. The StudioRAID mini is equipped with two 2.5" SATA drive bays and a total capacity of 4TB, which is configured as 2 x 2TB 5400 rpm hard drives.
To help facilitate its functionality within a production environment, the StudioRAID comes pre-configured as a RAID 0, which helps enhance performance by spreading data across two drives and is also compatible with RAID 1, which offers data redundancy. Cooling is accomplished using a temperature-controlled quiet fan and while this RAID array is bus-powered via its FireWire 800 port, an international AC adapter, compatible with US, UK, and EU power sockets, is included. Also included is a USB 3.0 cable and a FireWire cable. The StudioRAID mini is protected by hardware, data recovery, and overnight replacement warranties.
- The StudioRAID mini supports RAID 0 and RAID 1 modes using a hardware controller that can be configured using a switch on the back of the array, as well as fast transfer rates over USB 3.0, FireWire 800, and eSATA. It is bus-power-capable so you can work almost anywhere and with intelligent fan cooling and automatic health monitoring, you'll spend more time creating and less time worrying.
- RAID 0 is an operating mode designed for fast transfer rates by striping the data across two drives, while RAID 1 is used for redundancy, as it instantly and automatically mirrors your data
- With transfer speeds up to 250 MB/s, the StudioRAID mini offers USB 3.0 performance. This means faster editing, quick rendering, more tracks, more samples, and a more efficient workflow
- Custom sensors monitor the health of your StudioRAID mini, warning you of activity patterns that indicate potential problems with your drive. An LED on the front panel will display solid blue when power is on and flash blue when there is disk activity. The LED will flash or display a solid red color when error conditions exits with the drive or enclosure. Any error that results in the system state "Halted" generates a solid red LED on the front panel of the drive. All other errors result in the blinking red LED.
- The StudioRAID mini uses a temperature-controlled quiet fan for maximum airflow and proper cooling. The enclosure has been designed with front-panel ventilation to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back. This helps to ensure the performance and reliability of critical components
- Qualified with Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, and major audio production packages that support FireWire storage, including Digidesign Pro Tools, Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase, Apple Logic, MOTU Digital Performer, Cakewalk Sonar, Sony Vegas, and more.
- The StudioRAID mini comes ready for use with Mac so you can plug in and begin storing your files immediately. It's also Time Machine compatible and can be used to back up your files. If you're a Windows user, a simple reformat will configure your StudioRAID mini for use with a PC
1 x USB Micro-B (USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gb/s))
2 x 9-Pin FireWire (FireWire 800)
1 x eSATA (SATA III (6 Gb/s))
Windows 2000 or Later
macOS 10.4 or Later
Total Raw Capacity
4 TB (2 x 2 TB)
Initial RAID Configuration
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
7.5 x 5.3 x 4.8"
Product Dimensions (W x H x D)
1.7 x 4.8 x 3.6"