Add the speed and storage capabilities of RAID, Thunderbolt 2, and USB 3.0 to your Mac and Windows systems using the G-Tech G-RAID 20TB 2-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Array. This array features two SATA III 6 Gb/s drive bays, each of which holds one removable 10TB enterprise-class hard drive, for a total capacity of 20TB. The drives have a rotational speed of 7200 rpm and are configured in a RAID 0 array. Moreover, this G-RAID is outfitted with one USB 3.0 port along with two Thunderbolt 2 ports, which deliver daisy-chaining capabilities.
This G-RAID features an internal RAID controller which supports hardware RAID 0 (optimized for performance), RAID 1 (optimized for 1:1 data redundancy), or JBOD, with data transfer rates of up to 480 MB/s. This will allow users to access, browse, edit, and backup their digital library. It is well suited for demanding creative projects, such as those involving HD, 2K, and compressed 4K workflows. In addition, it may also be used for storage-intensive applications, such as audio editing, digital photography, music libraries, data backup, and more. This array uses a smart cooling fan to help ensure quiet operation, a long life, and data reliability, as well as an all-aluminum enclosure to help increase its durability.
While this G-RAID is compatible with both Mac and Windows, it comes pre-formatted HFS+ with Journaling for Mac OS 10.9 and later. It may also be reformatted for Windows and is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, and 7. Included with this storage array are two Thunderbolt cables, a USB 3.0 cable, a power cable, and an AC power adapter. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year warranty.
- Two removable 10TB enterprise-class hard drives
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2 ports (compatible with Thunderbolt)
- 1 x USB 3.0 port (compatible with USB 2.0)
- User configurable hardware RAID can be set as RAID 0 (performance) or RAID 1 (1:1 redundancy), and JBOD (each drive can be utilized individually)
- Data transfer speeds up to 480 MB/s are well-suited for photo and video editing, including multistream HD, 2K, and compressed 4K video workflows
- A smart cooling fan helps to ensure quiet operation, a long life, and data reliability
- The housing is built with an all-aluminum enclosure
- Formatted HFS+ with Journaling for Mac OS 10.9 and later, this array is pre-configured as hardware RAID 0 and may also be reformatted for Windows 10, 8.1, and 7
41 to 95°F
2 x Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 2 (20 Gb/s))
1 x USB Type-B (USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gb/s))
Maximum RAID Transfer Rate
RAID 0, 1, JBOD
macOS 10.9 or Later
Windows 7 or Later
Total Raw Capacity
20 TB (2 x 10 TB)
Initial RAID Configuration
Kensington Security Slot
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
12.0 x 9.0 x 5.4"
Product Dimensions (W x H x D)
5.1 x 3.6 x 9.9"