Lightweight and compact with a moderate magnification to ensure a spacious field of view, the green Hawke Optics 8x25 Endurance ED Compact Binocular is an ideal companion for your daily glassing needs that will easily fit in a day bag, hiking pack, camping kit, or glove box.
Engineered for performance, the Endurance is made with extra-low dispersion glass, phase-corrected BAK4 roof prisms, and fully multi-coated optics to produce color-accurate high-contrast views without distortion or color fringing—so your distant subjects look crisp and clear with excellent resolution. Complementing this optical performance is a fast-focusing wheel that runs through the full focus range in just 3.2 turns, so finding and tracking subjects is fast and easy.
Designed for daily outdoor use in all weather and to make it easy to hold, the Endurance features a lightweight and strong magnesium chassis with dual-hinge bridge. The bridge allows the optical tubes to fold and tuck under it to present an extremely compact profile for easier packing and carrying. An ergonomic and slip-resistant armoring with raised ridges provides a sure and positive grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging if the weather turns or the binocular takes an accidental spill in a stream or puddle.
- Moderate 8x power helps to maintain a generous field of view and exit pupil for easier and more comfortable viewing
- Compact 25mm objective lenses keep the form factor small for easier packing and carrying
- Roof prism light path ensures the optical tubes remain thin for easier handling
- BAK4 prism glass delivers a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Phase-correcting prism coatings eliminate internal interference to improve clarity and contrast
- Extra-low dispersion glass virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations to reduce color fringing and halos
- Fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission to produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color and improved resolution
- Spacious 356-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge/dual-hinge configuration provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Fast-focusing system runs through the full focus range in just 3.2 turns
- Slip-resistant low-profile center-focusing wheel is easy to manipulate even in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Click-stop twist-up eyecups allow users to fine-tune their perfect eye relief
- Right-eye dioptric correction allows for precise focusing even for those who normally require corrective eyewear
- Wide 40-74mm interpupillary adjustment range enables easy use by a wide range of users, especially those with narrow faces such as children and adolescents
- 13mm eye relief
- 3.1mm exit pupil makes viewing easier and more comfortable
- Dual-hinge, compact bridge design allows the optical tubes to fold and tuck under the bridge and produces the smallest profile when not in use for easier handling, packing, and carrying
- Lightweight and strong magnesium alloy chassis
- Protective rubber armoring with raised palm pads provides enhanced slip resistance in cold and wet weather
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Tethered objective lens covers offer maximum lens protection without the risk of losing them during use
- Light 11-ounce weight makes this binocular easy to carry all day or keep in a pack, pocket, or purse
Angle of View
Exit Pupil Diameter
Field of View
356' @ 1000 yd / 118.2 m @ 1000 m
40 to 74 mm / 1.6 to 2.9"
Minimum Focus Distance
Objective Lens Diameter
Yes, Nitrogen Filled
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
5.6 x 4.55 x 3.25"
4.3 x 4.5" / 10.8 x 11.4 cm