The 24mm f/3.5 Super-Elmar-S ASPH. Lens from Leica is a wide-angle medium format lens equivalent to 19mm in the 35mm format. It is one of the widest medium format lenses available. Its 96.6º diagonal angle of view emphasizes perspective and brings with it creative possibilities, especially in architecture and interior photography. With minimal distortion, it delivers images with strong contrast and high resolution at all apertures.
The optical design comprises 12 elements in 10 groups. Five elements are made from glass with anomalous partial dispersion, three of which are low-dispersion fluoride elements which correct chromatic aberrations. Two further aspherical elements, and the aspherical surface of the front element, minimize monochromatic aberrations. Only the middle, three-element group is used for focusing, whereby one of its lenses moves independently as a floating element.
In the Box
- Super Wide-angle Medium Format Lens
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-22
- 96.6º Diagonal Angle of View
- Aspherical Lens Elements
- Durable, Splash and Dust Sealed
- Leica 24mm f/3.5 Super-Elmar-S ASPH. Lens
- Leica Front Cap S E95 for 95mm S-Series Lenses
- Leica 16020 S-Rear Lens Cap
- Leica Reversible Lens Hood for Select Leica S-system Lenses
- Lens Pouch
- Limited 1-Year Warranty