Designed as the DX workhorse, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR from Nikon is a 24-120mm-equivalent zoom, well-suited for a broad range of shooting applications. Its bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range benefits working in low-light conditions as well as controlling depth of field for selective focus shooting. Equally impressive, the optical design features four extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements, which help to control both chromatic and spherical aberrations for notable image clarity and sharpness. Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings are featured, too, and minimize flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when shooting in bright and backlit conditions.
Balancing the optical merits, this 16-80mm is also characterized by its inclusion of a Vibration Reduction image stabilization system that compensates for four stops of camera shake to enable sharper handheld shooting. A Silent Wave Motor also benefits producing sharp imagery, and affords quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens utilizes an electromagnetic diaphragm to ensure consistent exposure stability when shooting at fast continuous speeds.
In the Box
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 24-120mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Four ED and Three Aspherical Elements
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Nikon 72mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- Nikon LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- Nikon HB-75 Bayonet Lens Hood for 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 4-Year USA Warranty Extension with Online Registration