With impressive reach and versatility, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25X IS PRO, from Olympus, is a super-telephoto zoom lens characterized by its expansive range, built-in teleconverter, and relatively sleek design for handheld use. Built for Micro Four Thirds cameras, this zoom offers a 300-800mm equivalent focal length range, which can be extended even further using the integrated 1.25x teleconverter for an effective 1000mm equivalent focal length. The constant f/4.5 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and is reduced slightly to f/5.6 when the teleconverter is in use. Additionally, a series of specialized low dispersion and high refractive index elements help to reduce a variety of aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high clarity and sharpness. A Z Coating Nano has been applied, too, which controls flare and ghosting for higher contrast and accurate color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
In the Box
- Super-telephoto zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 300-800mm-equivalent focal length range.
- Built-in 1.25x teleconverter allows you to instantly extend your reach to 187.5-500mm (or 375-1000mm equivalent) simply by flipping a toggle switch. Since the teleconverter is integrated within the lens housing, it is optically matched to the lens for improved imaging performance and also fully maintains the lens's weather sealing.
- Optical 0.73x-Magnification Viewfinder
- Constant f/4.5 maximum aperture, without the teleconverter in position, offers consistent illumination throughout the zoom range. When the 1.25x teleconverter is engaged, the maximum aperture is effectively f/5.6.
- Advanced optical construction includes one EDA (extra-low dispersion aspherical) element, four Super ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, two ED elements, two HR (high refractive index) elements, and one HD element. These specialized elements help to reduce various aberrations, color fringing, and distortion in order to realize high sharpness, accurate rendering, and vivid clarity.
- Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake to suit handheld shooting applications and 5-axis Sync IS is also supported to reap the benefits of camera-based sensor-shift IS for even more robust stabilization.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25X IS PRO
- Olympus LC-115 Lens Cap
- Olympus LR-2 Rear Lens Cap
- Olympus LH-115 Lens Hood
- Olympus LSC-1642 Lens Case
- Olympus CSS-P121 Lens Strap