Building on the success and popularity of the A1, Profoto introduces an enhanced version, the A1X AirTTL-N Studio Light for Nikon with a more powerful battery that gets 450 full power flashes instead of 350, faster full power recycling time of 1 second instead of 1.2 seconds, 20 wireless channels instead of 8, and an updated interface similar to the one on the B10.
The A1X was created for the professional photographer looking for portability and performance features or the ambitious non-professional who recognizes quality lighting but wants it comfortably and easily without the hassle of an overly technical interface. The A1X is easy to use. You can literally take it out of the box and start shooting. Weighing 1.2 lb including its battery, the A1X's sleek matte black finish not only appeals to the eye but to the tactile sense as well.
The first thing you'll notice about the A1X is its 2.75" round, tilting, rotating head, which is the physical feature most responsible for the A1X's natural-looking light with its soft gradual fall-off. The auto-zoom built into the head handles focal lengths from 32 to 105mm, while an optional Wide Lens gives you wide-angle coverage from 14 to 24mm. You can override the auto-zoom function at any time and make your adjustments manually. A filter kit with graduated CTO conversion filters and a fluorescent filter is also separately available to modify the unit's daylight color temperature.
The A1X is powered by an included lithium-ion battery that has a capacity of 450 full power flashes (instead of the previous model's 350). Power is topped up on an exhausted battery in about 80 minutes with the included 100-240 VAC charger. The battery doesn't fade as its power is used, operating at peak performance until it's depleted.
About this Item:
What's in the Box:
- Built-In AirTTL, Use On or Off Camera
- Faster Recycling: 1 sec
- Upgraded Battery: 450 Full Power Flashes
- High-Speed Sync, LED Modeling Light
- 9-Stop Power Range, 76Ws Output
- Weighs 1.2 lb Including Battery
- Optional Wireless TTL with Air Remote
- Includes Bounce Card, Dome Diffuser
- Flash Stand, USB Cable
- A1 Bag with Shoulder Strap
- Profoto A1X AirTTL-N Studio Light for Nikon
- Profoto Bounce Card for A1 Flash
- Profoto Dome Diffuser for A1 Flash
- Profoto Battery Charger for A1 Flash
- Profoto Li-Ion Battery for A1X
- Profoto Bag with Shoulder Strap for A1 Flash
- Profoto Flash Stand for A1 Flash
- Micro-USB Cable
- Limited 2-Year Warranty