The FX3 Full-Frame Cinema Camera is Sony's most compact addition to its Cinema Line. This camera melds the high-end video capture of the FX6 with the petite form of the a7S III familiar to so many mirrorless enthusiasts. Well positioned for use as a B-camera on FX6, FX9, or even VENICE productions, the FX3 also serves as a comfortable option for still photographers branching out into video capture.
The full-frame Sony FX3 employs a 12.1MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and a BIONZ XR processor to capture up to UHD 4K video with the shallow depth of field that is signature to the full-frame format. An expanded ISO range of 80 to 409,600, over 15 stops of dynamic range, and limited rolling shutter effects further complement the FX3's sensitive, nuanced image capture. Its lightweight, compact form is designed with multiple accessory threads to facilitate cage-free use, and it comes with a detachable, dual XLR/TRS adapter handle for pro audio capture. Operating features include an articulated, touchscreen LCD, multiple autofocus options, and 5-axis, in-camera image stabilization.
In the Box
- Full-frame, back-illuminated 12.1MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ XR processor
- High-speed rates of 120p in 4K and 240p in HD
- S-Cinetone, S-Log3, HLG, and Rec. 709 gamma options
- Tally lamps on the front, side, and rear
- Internal fan to prevent overheating
- Zoom lever
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- 16-bit raw output via HDMI
- S-Log2 gamma choice
- Sony FX3 Full-Frame Cinema Camera
- Detachable Handle Unit
- Limited 1-Year Warranty