The black/gray Speed Racer V2.0 from Think Tank is a bit larger than Think Tank's Speed Freak V2.0 - otherwise, it's basically the same rugged, durable and flexible design but is the largest of Think Tank's Speed Convertible series. Similarly, it boasts a host of features. This is a flexible, compact bag built for heavy-duty, fast use. Whereas the Speed Demon holds 1-2 lenses, the Racer is designed to hold your pro-sized DSLR with a 24-70mm f/2.8 attached and a 70-200mm f/2.8 next to it or 2-4 lenses in its main compartment that opens away from you for both rapid access and security. Opening away from your body means that only you will be able to see inside since the top lid acts as a shield against those around you. For even more flexibility, the bag can be worn as either a shoulder or waist pack - or as a combination of the two. There's even a top grab handle for quick grab moments.
It features a ballistic nylon exterior and YKK zippered pockets. The top contains a zipper that permits you to access your gear without having to unzip the entire top lid - another security feature. There are also multiple storage pockets for smaller items like pens and memory cards.
When worn as a shoulder bag, note that the strap is not only anti-slip in nature but removable for turning the bag into a waist pack. When worn that way, the waist belt contains Think Tank's Modular Rails that permit attachment of Modular, Skin or Multimedia components to increase gear carrying capacity as needed. The waist design contains buckle stops that prevent the belt from moving about while walking, running or trying to get that important shot. However, when worn as a shoulder bag, the waist belt tucks away inside the bag to eliminate the bulk of the straps swinging at your side.
Inside, the top lid is a clear pocket for storing all your small stuff like pens and filters. There's an additional attached lanyard on which you can attach keys or an accessory storage pouch. The front has an expandable pocket that is used for your phone. On the back, a large pocket is there for more small stuff like a note pad, more pens or anything you need rapid access to but want held against your body. On the sides, more pockets allow you to stuff in your gloves or a walkie-talkie.
For complete protection, the bag comes with a rain cover stored within a mesh pocket that is secured by another lanyard. This prevents the cover from blowing away when out in strong winds. The Speed Racer is backed by Think Tank's lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- Carries a pro size DSLR with a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens attached; also holds a 70-200mm f/2.8 next to it - or will hold 2-4 lenses
- Main compartment opens wide and the lid folds away from the body for easy access to gear. Opening away from your body provides additional security since no one but you will be able to see inside bag
- Can be worn either as a shoulder bag or as a belt pack with the Think Tank convertible system
- The integrated waist belt disappears by tucking it into zippered side pockets. This unique convertible system is designed to minimize bulkiness while carrying the Speed Demon V2.0 as a shoulder bag
- Modular rail on each side of the belt allows attachment of Think Tank's Modular Rotation System components for increased gear capacity. Using the integrated belt with the shoulder strap helps balance weight distribution between the waist and shoulder. Photographers can carry more gear easier and with less discomfort by carrying the bag in this mode
- Includes detachable, cushioned shoulder strap
- Non-slip coating on shoulder strap prevents strap from sliding off the shoulder
- Breathable mesh lining on the back of the bag and integrated belt help keep you ventilated and cool
- Metal Buckle Stops on either side of the main belt buckle prevent the belt from loosening past their positions during vigorous movement
- A zipper across the top of the bag allows access to small lenses or accessories without opening the main zipper
- A clear accessory pocket is also underneath the lid holds small accessories like extra pens, a small multi-tool or a tube of sunscreen
- A flat pocket, for lens caps or filters, is inside the main compartment toward the front of the bag
- The front organizer pocket keeps important accessories easily accessible. Handy features such as dedicated pen pockets and a built-in lanyard for securing keys or a memory card wallet are standard with the bag
- A bellowed pocket is at the very front of the bag for carrying certain items like a smart phone, separately from other gear
- Top carrying handle for quickly grabbing the bag when you need to go
- Stretchable side pockets with reinforced bases are on either side of the bag. These can be used to carry miscellaneous items like gloves and a hand-held radio
- Made with the highest quality materials like ballistic nylon and YKK RC Fuse zippers
- A seam-sealed rain cover is included with each bag. It is stored inside a mesh pocket within the front accessory pocket. The detachable blue lanyard (connected to the red fabric loop) keeps the rain cover from blowing away in high winds
Carries a standard size DSLR with 2-3 small zoom or prime lenses
Carry-On Form Factor
FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 34.0 (86.4 cm)
Handle, Shoulder Strap, Waist Belt
13 x 9.5 x 11.5" / 33 x 24.1 x 29.2 cm
11.8 x 7 x 10" / 30 x 17.8 x 25.4 cm
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
15.3 x 13.1 x 11.4"
3.1 lb / 1.4 kg