The F1 Field Recorder with Shotgun Microphone from Zoom combines a two-channel, F1 audio recorder with a directional SGH-6 shotgun microphone capsule to provide run-and-gun video makers with a flexible solution for capturing high-quality audio for video. Lightweight and with a low-profile design, it attaches to a camera using the included SMF-1 shockmount, which eliminates unwanted thumping sounds caused by vibrations when shooting on the move.
The F1 is equipped with a stereo 1/8" mic/line input that delivers plug-in power to small microphones, and a proprietary 10-pin connector that is compatible with all Zoom microphone capsules. It records stereo audio up to 24-bit/96 kHz in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats, directly to microSD or microSDHC cards. The unit offers a series of one-touch buttons that give you quick access to record level, limiter control, lo-cut filter, and volume output as well as an 1/8" stereo phone/line output jack with a dedicated volume control, and a monochromatic LCD display, which is easy to read even in bright sunlight.
The recorder comes with essential features for videographers including a tone generator for setting levels, sound markers for aligning audio and video, an on-board limiter to keep your levels in check when loud spikes in volume occur, and a Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons. A micro-USB port is available for data exchange to and from a computer, as well as for use as an audio interface with a computer or iOS device.
It utilizes two standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or an AD-17 AC adapter (available separately), and offers a run time of up to 6.5 hours with alkaline batteries when using the shotgun mic. The unit ships with a windshield and a stereo cable to connect the recorder to the audio input of the camera.
- Two-channel audio recorder
- Capture audio at weddings, interviews, and more
- Includes lightweight SGH-6 shotgun microphone capsule
- Includes SMF-1 shockmount to attach recorder/mic to your camera
- Lightweight and low-profile design
- Compatible with all Zoom microphone capsules
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio
- Broadcast WAV format (BWF)—files are automatically time-stamped
- Multiple MP3 formats
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25" monochromatic LCD display can be read under bright light
- Record Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo 1/8" mic/line input jack with plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo 1/8" phone/line output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in limiter and auto level control to avoid clipping
- Low-cut filter
With SGH-6 Shotgun Mic Capsule (48 kHz/24-bit, Mono):
Alkaline Batteries: 6.5 hours, approximately
NiMH Batteries (750 mAh): 6 hours, approximately
Lithium Batteries: 11 hours, approximately
2-channel audio recorder
44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
microSD and microSDHC cards (Class 4 or higher, up to 32 GB)
2 x AAA batteries, alkaline, NiMH, or lithium
AD-17 AC adapter (available separately): 5 VDC / 1 A
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
11.5 x 8.4 x 3.1"