Designed to put a panoply of sonic possibilities beneath the feet of electric guitar players, the G3n from Zoom is a multi-effects processor with 68 different effects, up to seven of which can be used simultaneously. Also provided are five amp and cabinet emulations which aim to replicate the sonic signatures of classic setups; every sonic signature from Marshall to Bogner is honored herein.
Three footswitches allow you to initiate effects, which are all editable via three separate LCD screens, each of which boasts four dedicated parameter controls, which change depending on the effect you choose. At the bottom of the pedal are three more foot controls: two scroll pedals for cycling through banks, as well as a third control for tap-tempo and tuner regulation. An 80-second phrase looper is also available to you, for all your looping needs.
The pedal provides both instrument and auxiliary inputs, and an output section with both a mono 1/4" output and a stereo 1/4" output, useful for monitoring through headphones, implementing stereo effects, or routing stereo signal to interfaces, PAs, mixers, and recording devices. A controller input will allow you to hook in compatible expression control pedals, such as the FP02M. At 7.1 x 9.2 x 2.3", the G3n is portable enough to carry from gig to gig, and at 2.8 lb, it's lightweight enough to present no burden whatsoever. With this pedal, you can easily replace—or augment—your existing pedalboard.
The included Zoom Guitar Lab software for Mac and Windows enables you to manage patches, download new effects, and activate different amp/cabinet emulators. It includes a Patch Manager for effects chains, as well as an Effects Manager with a simple graphic user interface. This provides point-and-click control over re-naming or re-ordering your custom patches.
- 70 (68 effects, 1 looper pedal, and 1 rhythm pedal) onboard high-quality digital effects, including distortion, overdrive, EQ, compression, delay, reverb, flanging, phasing, and chorusing
- 5 amp emulators plus 5 cabinet emulators
- 75 custom-designed factory patches
- 150 available patches for your custom effect chains
- Included Zoom Guitar Lab Mac/Windows software allows downloading of additional effects and patches
- Use up to 7 effects simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 3 stompbox switches allow effects to instantly be brought in and out
- Intuitive user interface
- 3 independent editing displays
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Onboard chromatic tuner with dedicated footswitch supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Tuner range of 435 - 445 Hz
- Stereo/mono Looper allows recording of up to 80 seconds of phrase recording
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns that can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- Tap Tempo with dedicated footswitch
- Input jack accepts standard guitar cable
- Auxiliary stereo input jack for connection of smartphones and music players
- Dual output jacks for connection to guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
- Dedicated stereo headphone output
- Included AC adapter
1/4" phone: 470 kOhms (line)
3.5 mm: 10 kOhms (line)
USB MIDI, USB Micro-B
Package Dimensions (L x W x H)
12.9 x 8.0 x 3.2"