Canon's GPS Receiver GP-E2 records GPS information like longitude, latitude, elevation, direction and Universal Coordinated Time (UTC) as EXIF data on photo files using a compatible EOS camera. This lightweight, compact unit can also serve as an electronic compass or a stand-alone GPS recorder. It was designed specifically for the EOS system, and offers USB and hot-shoe connections with the EOS 5D Mark III and the EOS-1D X (USB connection-only with the EOS 7D). It's also compatible with the Rebel T5i via USB, and with the EOS Rebel T4i and Rebel SL1 via the Digital terminal on each camera.
The GP-E2 offers the same level of dust- and weather-resistance as the EOS 5D Mark III camera when connected to the camera's hot-shoe. Dust- and weather-resistance decreases when it's connected to the camera via the USB cable. For simple and accurate recording of time and location information, the GP-E2 is an ideal complement to the EOS System.
The EOS 5D Mark III and EOS 7D require a firmware upgrade to be compatible with the GPS Receiver GP-E2.
When the EOS 7D is used with the GP-E2 the following restrictions will apply:
- geotagging function will not work for movies while recording
- geotagging features will not work for movies when using the Map Utility
- electronic compass information and automatic time setting is not available
- transmission via the hot shoe is not possible.
In the Box
- Rugged Lightweight Design
- Location Information in EXIF File
- Can Act As Stand-Alone GPS Logger
- Onboard Electronic Compass
- Hot Shoe or USB Terminal Connectivity
- Runs on Convenient AA Batteries
- Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver
- Storage Case
- Carrying Case
- 9.8" / 25 cm Cable
- 4.9' / 1.5 m Cable
- Software Disc
- 1-Year Limited Warranty