The result of using extension tubes is that the distance from the back of the lens to the film surface is longer, which means you can take photographs at shorter distances to the subject. Extension tubes are thus commonly used for macro photography and sometimes for closeup portraits.
When using the camera's TTL metering system, no exposure compensation will be required (exposure compensation is required for handheld meters). This updated version II is now also fully compatible with Canon Digital EF-S lenses, as well as standard photo EF and TS-E lenses.
Extension Tube EF 12 II is especially suited for close-focusing with wide-angle lenses. Compatible with all lenses, except 15mm f/2.8 fisheye, 14mm f/2.8L and MP-E 65mm f/2.8.
In the Box
- Shortens focusing distance of lens
- Compatible with digital EF-S lenses, as well as EF and TS-E lenses
- White-index mark provided for digital SLR EF-S lenses
- Red mark provided for photo lenses
- Canon Extension Tube EF 12 II
- Lens Caps
- Limited 1-Year Warranty