Described as "weird but genius," the Pentax K-mount Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe from Venus Optics is a truly unique lens designed for close-up shooting. Distinguished by its long, slender lens barrel, this macro lens provides a 2:1 maximum magnification with a 1.5' minimum focusing distance and a close 0.8" minimum working distance. Even with such a close working distance, the lens measures 1.3' long, placing you at a comfortable distance to photograph nearby subjects. Also, as a wide-angle lens, greater depth of field is afforded when compared to traditional telephoto macro lenses, which allows for greater detail in the background with less subject isolation.
The optical design includes both extra-low dispersion and extra refractive index elements, which help to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations for a high degree of clarity, color accuracy, and sharpness. Manual focus control permits focusing from 1.5' to infinity, and the front of the lens has a built-in LED ring light to aid in focusing at close distances. The slim 0.2" diameter of the front of the lens barrel also offers greater opportunities for lighting subjects from the front. Additionally, the front portion of the lens is waterproof, and permits working with subjects just beneath the surface of water or in other dusty or trying environments.
In the Box
- K-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/14 to f/40
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- One Extra Refractive Index Element
- Magnification: 2:1 to Infinity
- Min. Focus: 1.5'; Working Distance: 0.8"
- Long Lens Barrel, Small Front Diameter
- Built-In LED Ring Light, Micro-USB Power
- Waterproof Front Lens Barrel
- Manual Focus Design
- Laowa Venus Optics 24mm f/14 Probe Lens for Pentax K
- USB Cable Dimmer with Power Adjustment
- USB Cable
- Lens Bag
- Metal Lens Case
- Limited 3-Year Warranty