Close-focusing, apochromatic, and compact, the Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO from Venus Optics is a sleek telephoto prime designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Its macro design enables a greater-than-life-size 2:1 maximum magnification along with a 6.7" minimum focusing distance to suit working with close subjects. In regard to the optics, it uses three extra-low dispersion elements to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color accuracy. Additionally, it is a manual focus lens, with an internal focusing design, and has a nine-blade diaphragm to contribute to a smooth bokeh quality to suit shallow depth of field applications.
In the Box
- E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 97.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Maximum Magnification: 2:1
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 6.7"
- Manual Focus Design; Internal Focus
- 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Sony E
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Limited 3-Year Warranty