Summing up several telephotos in one convenient zoom, the AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR from Nikon is a versatile lens covering portrait-length to super-telephoto focal lengths. Characterized by an advanced optical design, this lens uses one super extra-low dispersion element and four extra-low dispersion elements to noticeably reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have also been applied to control flare and ghosting in order to increase contrast and color accuracy in bright and backlit conditions.
A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, Vibration Reduction image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops.
In the Box
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/40
- Four ED Elements, One Super ED Element
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 80-400mm f.4.5-5.6G ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Nikon 77mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- Nikon LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- Nikon HB-65 Bayonet Lens Hood
- Nikon CL-M2 Lens Case (Black)
- Tripod Collar
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 4-Year USA Warranty Extension with Online Registration