Sprint Block Stop Bath is a buffered, vanilla scented stop, which Safely and effectively stops development and adjusts the ph of b&w films and prints without unpleasant side-effects.
In the Box
- An indicator color signals exhaustion in b&w printing solutions. This stop dilutes in a 1-9 ratio.
- Using Block: In conventional stop baths, the acid ingredient which stops development is hazardous and unpleasant to use, and can damage prints.
- Acid can break down print sizing which normally protects fibers from fixer thiosulfate contamination, a major cause of deterioration.
- Plain water stop baths eliminate the side-effects of acid, but do not stop development as effectively, and can cause stains and emulsion swelling and reticulation.
- Block is an acid solution, but the acids are buffered to minimize the side-effects. Buffering protects print fibers for greater permanence, reduces emulsion swelling, staining, reticulation and eliminates odors.
- Block will also prevent carbonate gas ruptures of films (pinholes) when used as directed.
- Sprint Systems of Photography Block Stop Bath for Black & White Film and Paper - 1 Liter